COVID-19 Testing, Grants, and Other Disaster Relief
African American Coalition / COVID-19 Equity Project
The African American Coalition COVID-19 Equity Project was formed to connect Fresno’s Black Community to trusted, accurate, relevant, and timely information and resources that affect the population.
Provides testing, vaccination, and education resources.
Healthy Harvest / Cosecha Sana
Fresno Housing Retention Grants
The City of Fresno Housing Retention Grants of up to $3,000 per individual or $4,500 per family are now available!
- City of Fresno resident
- Income eligible
- Loss of income due to Covid-19
- Have past due housing-related bills
Please use this link to find out if you are income eligible:
Apply Now by selecting one of the organizations below!
Disaster CalFresh: 2020 California Wildfire Disaster Food Assistance
- Disaster CalFresh provides temporary food assistance to people recovering from disasters. People who qualify for Disaster CalFresh will be issued a debit card with a minimum of $204 that can be used to buy food.
- Disaster CalFresh benefits are for people living or working in wildfire impacted counties who experienced one of the following:
- Lost wages or income because of the fire, or
- Had your home or place of employment damaged, or
- Have disaster-related costs (including lost food, evacuation expenses), or
- Cannot access savings or checking accounts.
- Students could be eligible.
- No social security number is required.
- There is a 5 day application window. In order to get Disaster CalFresh people must apply between November 16 and November 20.
Apply for Disaster CalFresh
- People can apply for Disaster CalFresh by phone at 1-888-847-3663 by Friday, November 20.
- An online application is also available in some counties.
- In Madera, Mendocino, Napa, San Bernardino, Shasta and Siskiyou applications can be submitted at https://www.c4yourself.com/c4yourself/index.jsp.
- In Fresno, San Diego and Sonoma applications can be submitted at https://www.mybenefitscalwin.org/.
- No online application is available in LA county.
- People who have been evacuated or displaced to other counties can apply for Disaster CalFresh without having to return to their home county. They can apply by phone at 1-888-847-3663 by Friday, November 20.