Fresno EOC Covid-19 Program Updates
The City of Fresno and the State of California has asked residents to officially ‘shelter in place’ to prevent the spread of coronavirus. The ‘shelter in place’ order allows residents to leave their homes for grocery shopping, doctor’s appointments, picking up medications or going to work.
We anticipated this action from the City and the majority of our employees are already working remotely until further notice. As a vital resource to our community, Fresno EOC will continue to provide essential food, transportation, and shelter services throughout the duration of the order.
Working in collaboration with funders and community partners on specific program plans to reduce the impact on our community and will communicate these plans to program participants. As of now, we have the following announcements:
- Early Head Start and Head Start some sites remain closed. During this closure, staff will continue to engage families and to deliver remote services where possible. See Head Start locations with distance learning.
- School-Aged Child Care servicing Selma and Parlier Unified students will remain closed for the remainder of the school year.
- SOUL Charter School Please watch for announcements regarding enrollment for the 2020-21 school year here and on our Facebook page for changes.
- YouthBuild Charter School campus will remain closed and has implemented distance learning for the remainder of the semester.
- AFLP home visits have been suspended until further notice. Case managers are still available to meet with clients remotely. New clients are welcome, please call (559) 263-1090. Check here for eligibility.
Housing & Shelter
- Sanctuary Youth Shelter Emergency shelter and designated Safe Place site is open 24/7 for runaway and homeless youth. Click for details. Shelter staff is on call and can be reached at (800) 820-4968 or (559) 777-5101. Teens can also text the word “safe” and current location (address, city, state) to 4HELP (44357) for the nearest Safe Place location.
- Sanctuary Transitional Shelter Outreach Services drop-in services have been suspended but outreach staff is helping the County and City with housing street homeless.
- Sanctuary Housing Services home visitations are suspended but remote case management is available. (559) 492-9727
- Outreach Services drop-in services have been suspended but outreach staff is helping the County and City with housing street homeless.
Food & Nutrition
- Summer Food Program Dates, locations, and times will be updated as business opens.
- Food Express Bus will make its last delivery on August 14. Click for details.
- Food Services delivery of congregate meals to senior centers have been suspended. Seniors needing meals should contact Fresno Madera Area Agency on Aging (FMAAA) at (559) 214-0299. Low-cost meals are also available for delivery call (559) 266-FOOD for details. Please see our updated plan to continue preparing and delivering food while staying safe.
- Food Distributions will be available for drive-through and pick-up at these dates and locations only. Please see our updated plan to continue to provide food while keeping staff and clients safe.
- Please visit the Central California Food Bank locator to view other places to receive food.
- Fresno EOC WIC sites will continue to issue benefits but only accepting phone appointments. Call (559) 263-1150 to schedule a phone appointment. New clients are welcome! Click here to see how you can receive your WIC benefits over the phone
- Cafe EOC Catering is taking catering orders for delivery and drop-off only. Order by phone at 559-266-3663 or email@example.com. Please order 72 hours in advance. Click to see menu.
- Cafe EOC Downtown is currently closed for renovations.
- Nielsen Conference Center has suspended all events as it is serving as an emergency food packaging site and will remain closed to the public until further notice.
- Central Valley Against Human Trafficking (CVAHT) emergency services and remote case management services are available. The phone line remains open: (559) 263-1379. Contact the National Human Trafficking Hotline at (888) 373-7888 to report a case. Check the CVAHT Facebook page for more info.
- Foster Grandparents has suspended program activities.
- LGBTQ+ Resource Center is closed and groups are meeting virtually – check our Facebook page for more information or call/text (559) 325-4527.
- Street Saints has suspended program activities.
- Tobacco Education (Rural and Urban) offices are closed, but education and outreach activities are being conducted online.
- Local Conservation Corps is available by phone. We are accepting applications for new corpsmembers. Recycling, YouthBuild, Public Lands, and Solar staff will be working on a reduced crew schedule.
- Employment & Training office is available by phone: (559) 263-1100.
New enrollments and workshop instruction are being conducted remotely or online.
- Valley Apprenticeship Connections is now open for online training instruction. If interested, potential applicants are required to contact the office. Click to download recruitment flyer.
- Energy Services office is closed to the public but is still accepting applications by mail and email. All weatherization work has been postponed until we receive authorization to resume working in homes. However, emergency services for low-income households experiencing issues with their heater, water heater, or cooling systems will be assisted on a case-by-case basis. For more information contact (559) 263-1588.
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) Due to COVID-19 shelter in place, rural offices are closed. Please mail completed applications to the main LIHEAP office at 1371 Stanislaus Street, Fresno, CA. Call 263-8300 if you have questions.
PG&E and Southern Edison have activated their protection protocol and will not disconnect energy users during this phase. The following LIHEAP locations are closed to the public until further notice: Fresno (main office), Coalinga, Orange Cove, Reedley, West Fresno (LCC), Selma, Kerman, and Sanger. Special intake events are also canceled until further notice.
- Community Health Center will be offering very limited services. Please call (559) 499-1690 to speak with a representative.
- Transit Systems will continue to operate unless contracting agencies direct otherwise. Please see the updated plan to maintain a connection with clients and partners while staying safe.
- Access Plus Capital staff is working remotely and available by phone and email. Access Plus Capital is no longer accepting applications for the City of Fresno or County of Fresno programs. All applicants will be notified via email whether they were selected or not through the review and lottery process. If your business has other lending needs, feel free to contact us at (559) 263-1351 or visit AccessPlusCapital.com.