Free Medi-Cal Dental Youth Services (FMDYS)
Free Medi-Cal Dental Youth Services educates youth and families about proper dental hygiene and the importance of seeing a dental provider regularly. Partnered with Fresno County Department of Public Health, the program’s goal is to reduce childhood cavities and establish a consistent dental home for every child 0 to 20 years of age who have Medi-Cal and live in Fresno County including rural areas. Families can contact FMDYS Outreach Health Educators Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm at (559) 457-7800 to answer any questions regarding the program, the services we offer and to schedule an appointment with a local dental provider.
Free Medi-Cal Dental Youth Services
Children and young adults 0 to 20 years of age on Medi-Cal and living in Fresno County can receive the following services from the Fresno EOC Free Medi-Cal Dental Youth Services (FMDYS):
- Find a suitable dental provider based on your convenience and your child’s needs
- Establish and coordinate dental appointments for children 0 to 20 years of age
- Resources for transportation to dental appointments depending on Medi-Cal coverage
- Limited dental services at Fresno EOC’s WIC offices or other participating sites once a month. Contact FMDYS for monthly schedule & locations. Dental Days are for children 6 months to 5 years of age
- Referrals to over 150+ participating private dental offices that take Denti-Cal insurance
- Appointment coordination assistance including scheduling, rescheduling, and reassignment
- Education on proper dental care to improve oral health literacy and overall health
- Access to educational materials to take home on oral health topics
- Resources or referrals to other agencies and/or organizations that can provide additional assistance
frequently asked questions
HOW DO CHILDREN QUALIFY FOR THIS PROGRAM?
DO THE OUTREACH HEALTH EDUCATORS SPEAK LANGUAGES OTHER THAN ENGLISH?
DOES YOUR PROGRAM SERVE ADULTS OVER 20 YEARS OF AGE?
WHAT IF MY CHILD OR CHILDREN ALREADY HAVE A DENTIST?
DOES YOUR PROGRAM ASSIST WITH TRANSPORTATION SERVICES?
Yes, for Medi-Cal managed care insurance only.