FREE Solar for Your Home
Do you live in the Transform Fresno project area?
(parts of 93706)
The Transform Fresno Project provides up to a 6k Watts solar system for the home. The solar system and installation are 100% free. Homeowners will own the system free and clear. A limited amount of systems are available.
Solar Eligibility Requirements
- Home must be located within the Transform Fresno project area
(parts of 93706 – click here to see map of area)
- Home must be owner-occupied and up-to-date on property taxes.
- Home must qualify for weatherization* or have been weatherized within the last two years.
- Household must have an income of 60% or less of the California Median Income.
- Home must have a good composition roof (at least 10-15 years of life left).
- Roof must be unshaded and facing in the right direction (typically south or southwest or west).
- Electrical panel needs to be able to handle the Solar PV.
- All attachments, improvements, and additions to the home must be legally permitted.
*Weatherization includes the installation of energy conservation measures and provides energy education to help make your home safer and more comfortable.
Weatherization Measures Could Include:
- Weather-stripping doors and caulking windows
- Testing, repairing, or replacement** of refrigerators, water heaters, heating and/or cooling systems, and cooking appliance
- Installing ceiling fans and/or insulation
- Installing low-flow shower heads
- Replacing interior and exterior lights
- Smart or programmable thermostats
These changes help to increase the comfort of your home while saving you money. Without weatherization, homes waste energy, making heating/cooling units work harder to keep your home at a constant temperature, resulting in increased utility costs.
** Measures eligibility will vary on conditions of the home.