FREE Solar for Your Home
If you live in the Transform Fresno project areas, you might be eligible for FREE solar!
Yes, free solar, seriously! Homeowners will own the system free and clear. A limited amount of systems are available.
The Transform Fresno Project provides up to a 6k Watts solar system for the home. The solar system and installation are 100% free.
Solar Eligibility Requirements
- Home must be located within the Transform Fresno project area
(parts of 93706 – click here to see map of area)
- Home must be owner-occupied and up-to-date on property taxes.
- Home must qualify for weatherization* or have been weatherized within the last two years.
- Household must have an income of 80% or less of the California Median Income.
- Home must have a good composition roof (at least 10-15 years of life left).
- Roof must be unshaded and facing in the right direction (typically south or southwest or west).
- Electrical panel needs to be able to handle the Solar PV.
- All attachments, improvements, and additions to the home must be legally permitted.
Roofing & Electrical Panel Assistance Now Available!
Great news. If you meet all solar eligibility requirements you could also qualify for no cost roofing and/or electrical panel repair/replacement.
Call (559) 263-1576 for more information.
*Limited funding available through a partnership with the City of Fresno.
Renters May Qualify for Weatherization Services
If you are a renter, you may qualify for free Weatherization measure to help your home become energy efficient. We will look at weather stripping, lighting, some appliances,