The team left on November 13 for the four-day conference in Pattaya City co-hosted by the Bill & Melinda Gates Institute for Population and Reproductive Health. The gathering will convene about 5,000 policy-makers, scientists, researchers, program managers, civic leaders, youth, and faith-based organizations from more than 120 countries. There, they will share their research and best practices to expand access to family planning services.
The curriculum being presented is titled “In The Know” (ITK) and was created in 2021 in collaboration with the University of California, San Francisco and Youth+Tech+Health (YTH). More than 1,500 youth participated in a research study last year to determine its effectiveness. 300 youth in 15 cohorts received the curriculum both in-person and virtually.
Stay tuned. We will share more from the team when they return to Fresno!
Fresno EOC Health Services offers a wide variety of programs. They include:
- Community Health Center Clinic – a primary care and comprehensive family planning clinic on R Street in downtown Fresno
- Oral Health Education Program – provides individuals with the opportunity to learn health information, develop skills needed to make better health decisions, and lead healthy lifestyles. The program educates children and families about proper dental hygiene, nutrition, and the importance of seeing a dental provider regularly
- Adolescent Family Life Program (AFLP) – provides comprehensive case management services to pregnant and parenting teens and their children
- California Personal Responsibility Education Program (CAPREP) – provides free classes to inform and prevent unintended pregnancies, reduce high rates of sexually transmitted infections, and improve individuals’ sexual health and well being
- Tobacco Education Program – offers presentations and resources to the community about the risk of tobacco-related diseases as well as smoke-free policies
- School-Based Sealant Program – provides preventive oral health services, such as oral health education, dental sealants, and fluoride varnishes for elementary school-age children
- Home Visitation Program (HVS) – serves Medi-Cal-eligible families in Fresno County with children aged 0 to 5. We offer comprehensive family services, developmental assessments for children, and community-based referrals to resources that address the child’s and family’s overall needs. Our goal is to improve children’s development as well as the family’s overall well-being.
Call (559) 715-8481 for additional information.
For media inquiries, please contact Claudia Solis.