Bold text = Kids can Help
¼ cup brown sugar, packed
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large ripe bananas, mashed
2/3 cup whole wheat flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line mini muffin pans with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, beat together egg, brown sugar, and vanilla extract. Stir in banana.
3. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add to banana mixture.
4. Stir until combined.
5. Spoon mixture into muffin liners. Sprinkle with sugar.
6. Bake for 10 minutes or until inserted stick comes out clean.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (per serving): CALORIES 48; FAT 0.4g; PROTEIN 1g; CARB 11g; FIBER 1g; CALCIUM 10mg; IRON 0mg; VITAMIN A (RE) 8mcg; VITAMIN C1mg; FOLATE 5mcg.
This recipe is can be found in the 4th cookbook, “Let’s Cook with Kids, Vamos a Cocinar con los Niños” created by Northeast Valley Health Corporation WIC Program. The digital version can be found online at: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/programs/wicworks/Pages/WICNECookingwithChildren.aspx
Facebook LinkedIn Tweet Pinterest Email