Covid-19 AlertDue to COVID-19 health concerns, School Age Child Care servicing Selma and Parlier Unified students will remain closed for the remainder of the school year.

Please watch for announcements here for changes.


We serve subsidized and low income families, based on income and number in the family. Find out more about qualifications here.


We have child care centers in Parlier and Selma. See more info here.


Find answers to your questions about School Age Child Care here.

About School Age Child Care

What We Do

Our program provides safe, quality child care for children 5-12 years of age. We provide a safe environment for children while parents are working, going to school, or are in training. We provide day care during holidays and breaks when school is not in session.

We provide experiences for children which will influence their total development. We implement a program which serves children’s physical, social, emotional, and cognitive needs. Our staff works toward designing an environment that will foster school and community values while being sensitive to the individual needs and preferences of the child and his/her family.

We serve subsidized and low income families, based on income and number in the family.


Parents can apply at either of our child care centers located in Parlier or Selma. Parents can also apply at our main office located in downtown Fresno. Applications must be completed by one of our staff members at one of our locations.

Parents must be employed, attending school, or in training.

Necessary documentation needed at the time of completing application:

  • Payroll stubs for the preceding month
  • Documentation of divorce, legal separation, domestic partnership, and court ordered custody arrangements
  • Birth certificates for all children living in the home
  • Immunization records for the children being enrolled
  • Training verification


Administrative Office

1900 Mariposa Street, Suite 115
Fresno, CA 93721

P: (559) 263-1015
fax: (559) 263-1592


S. Ben Benavidez Child Development Center
13900 Tuolumne, K1, Room 2
Parlier, CA 93648

P: (559) 646-9012


Eric White Child Development Center
2751 Fig Street
Selma, CA  93662

P: (559) 891-0461

frequently asked questions

Is there an application that we can take home to complete and return?

Unfortunately we do not have a take-home application. The state requires that our staff review and complete the application with the parent(s).

How does my child qualify for this program?

Parent(s) must be working, attending school, or in training to qualify for our program. Families who are homeless and are seeking permanent housing are eligible, as well as those who are referred by Child Protective Services.

How long will it take to complete the eligibility process and be notified of acceptance?

Once the application process is complete there is a 30 day turn-around in which the Teacher Director has to inform you of your acceptance or denial.

How much does day care cost?

When you complete the application, your income is noted to determine your family’s fee. During the approval process your family’s fee is determined according to your income and the family fee schedule.

Do you have child care available before school starts?

We offer child care in the a.m. from 7:30-11:30 where a need for kindergarten care is demonstrated.

Do you offer child care for only one hour?

Our child care operates by full-time and part-time care. Full-time care consists of 6.0 hours or more and part-time care consists of 0-5.99 hours. If your child is only in our care for one hour you are still charged the rate for part-time care.

Why must we re-certify our file each year?

Recertification papers must be completed once a year to determine if the family is still eligible for the program. If a parent no longer qualifies, they will be given immediate notice and 10 days to find alternate care. Families of children who are referred to School Age Child Care Program by Child Protective Services are required to re-certify every six months.

How You Can Help


Our program welcomes volunteers. If you would like to volunteer please see the site Teacher Director or complete our Volunteer Interest Form.


Donations can be taken directly to the center and given to the Teacher Director.

We accept donations of:

  • unopened packages of disposable food paper products (paper bowls, plates and cups)
  • unopened packages of plastic cutlery
  • classroom supplies ( paper, pens, pencils and art supplies)
  • nutritious, unopened food purchased from a store