Bold text = Kids can Help
1 cup ricotta cheese
¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
1 pound ground turkey
1 zucchini, diced
1 (26-ounce) jar pasta sauce
6 no-boil lasagna
1. In a medium bowl, mix together ricotta,Parmesan, and ½ cup mozzarella. Set aside.
2. In a skillet over medium-high heat, brownthe turkey until it is no longer pink, breakingup any clumps. Drain excess fat.
3. Add zucchini and half the pasta sauce.Reduce heat.
4. Top mixture with 4 lasagna noodles, breakingnoodles to fit the pan.
5. Spread cheese mixture over noodles. Place2 noodles over cheese and pour remainingpasta sauce spreading evenly. Sprinkle withrest of mozzarella.
6. Cover skillet and simmer over medium-lowheat until noodles are tender, about 20minutes.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (per serving): CALORIES 467; FAT 22.5g; PROTEIN 35g; CARB 34g; FIBER6g; CALCIUM 382mg; IRON 3mg; VITAMIN A (RE) 223mcg;VITAMIN C 13mg; FOLATE 14mcg.
This recipe is can be found in the 4th cookbook, “Let’s Cook with Kids, Vamos a Cocinar con los Niños” created by Northeast Valley Health Corporation WIC Program. The digital version can be found online at: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/programs/wicworks/Pages/WICNECookingwithChildren.aspx