We are still conducting phone appointments to provide benefits, remote breastfeeding support, resources, and more.
New to WIC?
How to enroll, income guidelines, before your first appointment.
Remote breastfeeding support
How we can support you at home.
Having issues finding food and formula?
Expanded foods list, authorized stores, formula finder.
Nutrition Education and handouts for appointments
Text, email, call, Facebook
Resources for all
Money, food, breastfeeding, housing, education
New to wic? Need to enroll?
Please review the following before your 1st appointment:
- Foods for Infants and Moms who Breastfeed Click for English or Selecióna video en Español– You only need to watch this one if you are in this category.
- Rights & Responsibilities Click for English or Selecióna video en Español.
- WIC App – See the guide on setting up your California WIC App in Click for English or Selecióna aqui por Español.
- Welcome to WIC Shopping with your California WIC Card Click here for English or Selecióna aqui para Español.
- Your WIC foods – Click here for English and Selecióna aqui para Español.
- Understanding your WIC Food Balance in English by clicking here or Selecióna aqui para Español.
- Shopping Guide – this is also available in your WIC App – Click here for English or Selecióna aqui para Español.
Not new to wic? But transferring to the WIC Card?
Please review the following before your 1st phone appointment:
- WIC App – See the guide on setting up your California WIC App in Click here for English or Selecióna aqui para Español.
- Watch these videos:
- Review these PDFs:
- Welcome to WIC Shopping with your California WIC Card Click here for English or Selecióna aqui por Español.
- Your WIC foods – Click here for English and Selecióna aqui por Español.
- Understanding your WIC Food Balance in Click here for English or Selecióna aqui por Español.
- Shopping Guide – this is also available in your WIC App – Click here for English or Selecióna aqui por Español.
- Rights & Responsibilities:
Need to register to vote?
- Breastfeeding Help Line (559) 263-1162 Call Monday – Friday 8:30am to 7pm and Saturday 10am to 2pm
- Facebook group Breastfeeding Mommas
- Video BF support through Zoom with our lactation consultants (IBCLCs). To access this video service, please contact us by email, text, or phone.
Having issues finding food and formula?
Nutrition Education & Handouts for Appointments
More options for contacting us
- Text us at 1-888-412-5922. if it’s your first time texting us, you will need to text us at 1-888-412-5922 to sign up to receive texts from us.
- Email WICexpress@fresnoeoc.org
- Call (559) 263-1162 Breastfeeding helpline
- Call (559) 263-1150 Customer Care Center
- You can also follow us on Facebook for the most up to date information
We are experiencing a higher than normal call volume. You can also reach us by text message at 1-888-412-5922 or email us at email@example.com
If you try to call, please expect longer than normal wait times. Calls are answered in the order received.
Resources – General
- Online Nutrition Education
WIC Health – WIC Nutrition Education and Recipes – complete your nutrition education online before your next appointment.
- Medical/Cal-Fresh/CalWORKS – To apply for CalFresh, Medi-Cal, CalWORKS benefits and general relief. Applicants will be contacted by telephone and mail to inform of date/time for personal phone interview.
- Fresno County Behavioral Health – (800) 654-3937
Access to services or Crisis Line 24/7. The Department of Behavioral Health provides help for postpartum depression and other mental health and substance abuse issues to adults within the County of Fresno.
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline (800) 273-8255
- Nurture 2 Nurture – (559) 244-4531
Offers screenings and counseling referrals for maternal depression and anxiety. Also provides support groups, telephone support, and education.
Breastfeeding Support – Local
- Fresno EOC WIC Breastfeeding Help Line (559) 263-1162. Call Monday – Friday 8:30am to 7pm and Saturday 10am to 2pm.
- Fresno Facebook group Breastfeeding Mommas.
- Fresno EOC WIC Video BF support through Zoom with our lactation consultants (IBCLCs). To access this video service, please contact us by email, text, or phone.
- La Leche League – (559) 426-5553.
- Community Regional Medical Center – (559) 459-6288.
- Saint Agnes Medical Center – (559) 450-5210.
- Break Time for Nursing Mothers – the law.
Breastfeeding Support – General
- Guidance for Pregnant and Breastfeeding Women During the COVID-19 Pandemic. Info from the California Department of Public Health.
- Cannabis while breastfeeding from American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Mother to Baby Medication Hotline: 1-866-626-6847 – available in English and Spanish, Staff currently working from home.
- Lact Med – NIH app that allows breastfeeding parents to look up medication and herbals, and it’s compatibility with breastfeeding. NOTE: This does not replace medical advice from your physician.
- Thomas Hale’s Medication and mothers milk – allows breastfeeding parents to look up the safety of medications while breastfeeding. NOTE: This does not replace medical advice from your physician. *Available in App Store or Google Play by searching “Medications & Mothers’ Milk”
- The CDC has information posted, and this very specific guidance.
- Guidance from American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology and the Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine.
- A new Kaiser Family Foundation brief examines how COVID-19 may impact pregnant women.
- If you have school-aged kids, please contact the school and make sure your contact info is up to date. Teachers may be trying to reach you!
No matter what school your child attends, these links will provide resources you and your kiddos can use while distance-learning.
- ACADEMIC RESOURCES – ELEMENTARY
- ACADEMIC RESOURCES – Middle/High School
- Marjaree Mason Center provides safe housing
24/7 hotline: (559)233-HELP (4357)
- Child Protective Services (559) 255-8320
- Victim/Witness Service Center (559) 600-2822
- Comprehensive Youth Services (559) 229-3561
- PG&E Assistance Fresno EOC LIHEAP Program offers help with energy assistance
- Discounts on your PG&E bill through the PG&E CARE or FERA program
- Free Internet Comcast is offering free internet for 60 days to those who qualify. Click or call 1-855-846-8376 (English) or 1-855-765-6995 (Spanish) to get signed up.
- Apply for Cal-Fresh
(559) 600-1377 – (Formerly Food Stamps) Issues monthly electronic benefits that can be used to buy most foods in many markets.
- CalWORKS– (Formerly TANF) Financial assistance for families meeting eligibility requirements.
- Fresno area food distributions
- Apply for Cal-Fresh
- Food Distribution Calendar from Central California Food Bank – 559-237-3663
- Salvation Army food pantries and Family Stores
1752 Fulton St, Fresno, CA 93721
- Catholic Charities Fresno
Fresno, CA – 93701
- No Kid Hungry – Enter your address to find free, healthy meals being served by organizations in your community.
- Food Express Bus – Pick up to-go meals for your children (ages 1-18) at 5 locations, Monday-Friday. Click the link for locations.