Get the app
Click here for the California WIC APP Set-up Guide
Welcome to WIC
Shopping with your
California WIC Card
There are many great benefits to using your new WIC Card
Your first appointment
Find out how to make your first appointment faster
How to use your California WIC Card
Do You Have Your New WIC Card?
Say goodbye to paper checks! Starting March 9, 2020, Fresno County WIC participants will be able to get the WIC Card. The WIC Card is like a debit card. You can use your WIC Card to buy WIC-approved foods at WIC stores. Your local agency will add your family’s benefits to your WIC Card account.
Other exciting changes include:
- Mobile WIC Phone App.
- Check your balance
- Scan foods to see if they are WIC approved
- Check date and time for your appointments
- Locate WIC clinics and approved grocers
- And more from the convenience of your phone
- Flexible spending. Spend a little or a lot on each grocery trip.
- Security. If you lose your card, benefits can be locked until you replace your card.
What you can do to make your first WIC Card appointment faster
Are you enrolling in WIC for the first time?
Please review the following before your 1st phone appointment:
- WIC App – See the guide on setting up your California WIC App in English or Spanish
- Watch these videos
- Review these PDFs:
- Need to register to vote?
Watch The California WIC Card videos. This will help you quicken the appointment process since you will know more about how the WIC card will work.
- Appointment Times
Expect your first appointment to take 1–2 hours while we are transferring to the new system. We appreciate your patience!
- Please Keep Your Appointment
We may not be able to re-schedule or allow walk-ins during the transition. Breastfeeding help is still available without an appointment.
- WIC App
Download the new California WIC App from your mobile app store before you arrive at WIC.
- Benefits Start Date
Food benefits are in 30-day increments. If you come in early for your next appointment, your benefits will NOT start earlier.
Thank you for being patient with us during this time!