California Personal Responsibility Education Program (CA PREP)
We provide free educational classes to inform and prevent unintended pregnancies, reduce high rates of teen pregnancies and sexually transmitted infections, and improve individuals’ sexual health and well being.
CAPREP provides two curriculums for youth, ages 12 to 21, to achieve the following goals:
- Decrease teenage pregnancy rates in Fresno County through evidence-based programs.
- Provide Adulthood Preparation Subjects (APS) to support youth’s personal growth.
- Create family planning clinical linkages to provide access and availability of contraceptives and related reproductive health clinical services.
- Increase community support in the development of healthy youth and reduce their risky sexual behaviors.
Schedule a Class
How can someone schedule a class?
- Please contact one of our Healthcare Educators at (559) 265-5500 to schedule an in-service for the youth. The following information will be needed: date, time frame, address, the number and age of males and females that will be participating.
- No application is required.
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Youth ages 12 – 21 are eligible to participate in the HIV and STD sessions.
We serve Fresno County residents.
If you would like to have a training at your location, contact us.
* This location is also a Safe Place site. Safe Place is a national youth outreach program designed to provide access to immediate help and safety for all young people in crisis.
frequently asked questions
Are the classes free?
Does the class have to be taught all in one day?
No, the curriculum and staff is very flexible and can work around your schedule.
Do you teach classes on the weekends or evenings?
Yes, classes are available daily and times are flexible.
Do you provide transportation?
Transportation may be possible but is taken on a case by case basis.