Tell Us How We’re Doing

Help us improve our services by taking our quick survey! Your opinion matters and will help us understand how well we meet your needs. Your feedback will guide us in making our programs better for you and the community. Thank you for your time and input!

Apply for Weatherization

Download application or have one mailed to you

About Energy Services

For over 45 years Fresno EOC Energy Services Program has provided housing improvements that increase a home’s energy efficiency through various state, federal, and private funding opportunities.

Our program works to help our community become energy efficient by educating and providing quality weatherization services and solar, one home at a time.

Weatherization Services

Homeowners and renters in Fresno County who are income-eligible can save money not only on their energy bills but also on repairs. We can help with qualified mobile homes, apartments, houses, and condos!

Weatherization includes the installation of energy conservation measures and provides energy education to help make your home safer and more comfortable. Our goal is to reduce energy costs while improving energy efficiency and ensuring health and safety for low-income families, particularly the elderly, people with disabilities, and families with young children.

Fresno EOC Energy Services may be able to assist eligible households with minor repairs or replacements for qualifying units when certain conditions are met. *

* For specific information on this service, please call our office to speak to a LIVE person regarding how to apply. 

Weatherization measures may include:

  • Weather-stripping doors and caulking windows or gaps around home
  • Testing, repairing, or replacement* of refrigerators, water heaters, heating and/or cooling systems, and cooking appliance 
  • Insulating exterior walls, ceilings, and floors
  • Installing low-flow shower heads
  • Upgrading interior and exterior lighting services to LED
  • Duct repair and replacement

These changes help to increase the comfort of your home while saving you money. Without weatherization, homes waste energy, making heating/cooling units work harder to keep your home at a constant temperature, resulting in increased utility costs.

Apply for weatherization services

Our program services and eligibility requirements change from year to year based on funding and community needs. Homeowners, as well as renters living in Fresno County who meet income guidelines, may apply for services.

For more information on current services available, please contact our office at (559) 263-1588 and speak to one of our Intake Representatives.

How to apply

Download and complete the application

If your energy bill is not in your name, you may also need to download and complete the consent form.

You may email your completed application and consent form to: 

Or you can mail your application and supporting documents to:

Fresno EOC Energy Services
1900 Mariposa Street, Suite 260
Fresno, CA  93721

Please note that the application must be printed. If you are unable to print the application, please call (559) 263-1588 for further assistance.


1900 Mariposa Street, Suite 260
Fresno, CA  93721

(559) 263-1588
(559) 263-1585 fax

8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Monday – Friday

window.onload = function() { document.getElementById("customPageContact").innerHTML = 'Contact Energy Services
1900 Mariposa Street, Suite 260
Fresno, CA 93721
(559) 263-1588'; }

Contact us for more information

Energy Svcs -- On Page Form


frequently asked questions

What does weatherization do for a home?
The goal is to keep the warm air in and the cold air out in the winter and keep the cold air in and the warm air out in the summer. The most common types of weatherization include: sealing the holes and cracks, insulation, weather stripping, fixing broken window glass, water heater blankets, and making sure your heating and air condition systems are working correctly.
How can I qualify for your program?
The first step is submitting an application. Energy services are available to low-income property owners and renters. Eligibility is based on the household’s total gross monthly income.
Are you sure these services are free?
Yes. Through funding that is provided from federal, state and private grants, we are able to provide these services at no cost to income-eligible households.
I am a renter. Can I still qualify?
Yes, as long as you are income-eligible for the program and we get permission from your landlord to do the work.
My house is falling apart…can you fix my roof? Can you fix my stairs?
No. We are an energy efficiency program and work only on changes that make your home energy efficient. We do not provide construction or home upgrade services.
Can I get a new refrigerator? A Stove? A microwave?
Fresno EOC Energy Services is an energy efficiency program. That being said, when our technicians go into the home to inspect the specific needs of that residence; part of their assessment is to check the efficiency and safety of appliances. Besides staying within budget, certain conditions must be met when determining whether the residence qualifies to have an appliance repaired or replaced. Please understand that our staff is committed to assisting our clients to our fullest potential. When the technician submits recommendations to their supervisor, they are checked against a budget and contractual guidelines before determining what will be done to the home.
My water heater is broken, PG&E told me to call you so you could replace it for free.
Our services are free to those families who meet the income eligibility guidelines. If certain conditions are met your home may be eligible for assistance with repair/replacement of water heating appliances, When there is an emergency, please alert the intake representative assisting you so they can make sure your application is processed through the proper channels.
My heater is broken can you fix it now?
Our services are free to those families who meet the income eligibility guidelines. If certain conditions are met your home may be eligible for assistance with repair/replacement of water heating appliances, but be mindful that the application process does take time. When there is an emergency, please alert the intake representative assisting you so they can make sure your application is processed through the proper channels.
PG&E told me I was qualified for weatherization services, why do I have to go through the application process again?
PG&E does a pre-qualification survey prior to sending you to us for services. We need to have a paper trail for our funding sources including PG&E. Plus, the extra effort allows us to see if you qualify for additional energy services under other contracts.
PG&E told me to call you to get my heater/cooler fixed. When can you come fix it?
Fresno EOC is not a Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) contractor. Fresno EOC’s State programs may assist low-income residents with facilitating repairs and replacement of heating and air conditioning units by using our authorized contractors. Persons interested in these services must apply and be found eligible for energy services.
I am a homeowner but do not meet your eligibility requirements. Where can I go to receive assistance?

What is Freddie Mac Enhanced Relief Refinance (FMERR)?

HARP program expired on December 31, 2018. To ensure that high LTV borrowers who are eligible for HARP program continue to have a refinance option the Federal Housing Agency (FHFA) launched a new program: Freddie Mac Enhanced Relief Refinance (FMERR)

This program is essentially an extension of HARP but with different names and slightly different requirements. Through the new program, homeowners can get a lower interest rate (which means less out-of-pocket costs each month), get a shorter loan term, or change from an adjustable to a fixed-rate mortgage. There’s no minimum credit score needed, either.

See if you qualify

I need additional energy assistance, is there any other help I can access?

Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)

Provides financial assistance with heating and cooling costs (electricity, gas, propane, oil, wood), energy crisis intervention, and energy education to eligible households.


* indicates required

Health Services - Contact Julio