Due to COVID-19 health concerns, Outreach Services drop-in services have been suspended but outreach staff is helping the County and City with housing street homeless.
About Sanctuary Transitional Shelter
What We Do
Sanctuary Transitional Shelter operates an overnight shelter for homeless or otherwise displaced youth and young adults.
Overnight Shelter Services
Youth and young adults (ages 18-24) can receive:
- Overnight shelter
- Housing support
- Counseling and supportive services
- Employment and education services
Overnight Shelter Details
- Registrations are first come, first serve and in person
- Daily registration is 10:00 am – 12:00 pm at the site (unless posted)
- Registration is in person with picture identification and birthday verification
- No referral is needed
- Individuals must not have a history of crimes against children (as verified by background check and Megan’s Law)
Note: If all beds are full, registrant will be out on a waiting list until a bed is available.
- Sanctuary Transitional Shelter entrance is daily from 7:00 – 10:00 pm (exceptions are made on a case by case basis)
- Dinner is served between 7:00 – 7:30 pm nightly in the quad
- Clients must be in rooms by 10:00 pm
- No walking around the quad after room time
- Smoking, drugs, alcohol, violence or harassment is not tolerated
- Client will initially receive a bed for 30 days that can be extended if following a housing plan. Talk to a staff member for more information.
- Clients are to exit the Shelter daily from 6:00 am – 9:00 am
- Clients can leave all belongings in their rooms while Shelter is closed
- Staff will check for cleanliness or damage
- Breakfast is served between 8:00 am – 9:00 am in the quad.
Procedures are subject to change as needed.
Call or text (559) 931-1444 for more information.