Where to get assistance food and other items
Several agencies are ready to help.
Emergency Evacuation Sites
Evacuation centers and open shelters.
Open animal evacuation centers and shelters.
General Emergency Evacuation Information and Preparations Checklists
How you can donate or help
Details on how you can donate and/or get involved
Creek Fire Resources
As the Creek Fire continues to spread in Fresno and Madera Counties, resources are being made available for those affected. Information on evacuation centers, how to donate, and more can be found below.
Evacuation Zone Map
Disaster Relief Resources List
- Info Hub for Creek Fire Info & Resources
- From homepage, click on “Incidents” then select the Creek Fire from the list of Active Incidents for current information.
- The CalFire Twitter feed is available from the CalFire website and includes frequently updated information on the status of the fire. Follow on Twitter @CAL_FIRE
- You can also call 844-668-3473, for 24/7 Creek Fire Information from the U.S. Forest Service.
- Scroll through banner on main page to Creek Fire Info or click on “Media” in the black menu bar.
Sign up for emergency notifications and alerts from the Sheriff’s Office.
- Much current info here, including:
- Evacuation Warnings and Orders
- Vehicle Exit Routes
- Animal Evacuations
- Emergency Evacuation Shelter Location
- Evacuation Notices: Text your zipcode to 888-777
- 41 Road Alerts: Text 41traffic to 888-777
Safe and Well (American Red Cross)
- List yourself as safe, so loved ones don’t worry. Search for loved ones.
Emergency Evacuation Sites
- An evacuation center for people and small animals is established at the high school, 2770 E International Ave, Fresno, CA 93730 (at Willow/International).
- 5007 Fairgrounds Rd, Mariposa, CA 95338
- The community center is also serving as a shelter/resource center, 39800 Road 425B, Oakhurst, CA 93644.
- Find an open shelter with the Red Cross map.
- For help evacuating livestock, please contact CCADT at 1-888-402-2238 or at the link above.
Large Animals are being accepted at:
- Clovis Rodeo Grounds at 748 Rodeo Dr, Clovis, CA 93612 (behind Clark Intermediate School) AT CAPACITY – CURRENTLY NOT ACCEPTING ANIMALS
- Fresno Fair Grounds, at 1121 S. Chance Ave., Fresno, CA 93702.
- Those transporting animals please contact the Central California Animal Disaster Team (1-888-402-2238)
Small Animals are being accepted at Granite Ridge Intermediate (next to Clovis North at Willow/International).
Birds: McLaughlin Parrot Rescue is helping to evacuate birds. Call 559-382-3458 for more information.
Dogs & Cats: Abby Pet Hospital in Fresno will take in dogs and cats displaced by the Creek Fire.
How to Donate or Volunteer
Financial donations of cash are the most direct way to help relief workers meet the needs of evacuees and first-responders.
- Make a $10 cash donation to the Red Cross by texting CAWILDFIRES to 90999 or visit redcross.org/donate/donation.html.
- Donate atccfoodbank.org to the Central California Community Food Bank to help feed fire evacuees.
- Donate at gf.me/u/yxm338 through PINC (Philanthropy Inspired by the Needs of our Community) Fresno which is organizing monetary donations for the Shaver Lake Fire Department, whose rescue equipment was damaged in the fire.
- Donate at fresnosikhs.org/donations/ to The Sikh Institute of Fresno’s Creek Fire Relief drive.
Central CA Animal Disaster Team
- The organization is welcoming donations to help find shelters for animals displaced by the Creek Fire.
- If you’d like to donate, click here. If you’d like to help volunteer, click here.
Evans Feed and Livestock Supply
- The company is delivering supplies to locations in Madera and the foothills that are looking after animals displaced by the Creek Fire. Evans Feed is asking the public for donations.
- If you want to help them, contact their Madera store located at 241 South “E” Street Madera, CA 93638, or call (559) 673-9420 (Contact: Amy Evans).
FLAG Central Valley
- FLAG aims to support the local community, with a focus on healthcare workers and first responders, while promoting and creating economic impact and community collaboration. Currently, they are raising funds to feed first responders of the Creek Fire.
- If you’d like to donate funds to feed firefighters, deputies, National Guard, and other first responders, click here.
Fresno Fairgrounds Livestock Shelter
- You can bring donations to the Gem & Mineral Building at 1121 S. Chance Avenue.
- More information can be found by clicking here.
- La Quinta Inn and Suites in Clovis has been housing close to 50 evacuees, and around 20 firefighters.
- The hotel can accept gift cards for evacuees for gas, Target, and Walmart.
Valley Animal Center
- Accepting donations. For list of items needed and how to donate, click here.
- Volunteer to help with relief efforts at the American Red Cross of Central California by visiting redcross.org/local/california/central-california/volunteer.html.