What we do
LIHEAP provides a one-time financial assistance for energy bills in Fresno County per calendar year.
Check eligibility for LIHEAP and Energy Crisis Intervention Program (ECIP).
Apply for liheap
Download and mail your application
Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
We provide financial assistance to help offset an eligible Fresno County household’s home energy costs.
Fresno County residents experience triple-digit heat in the summer to freezing temperatures in the winter and are forced to use their air conditioning and heating system in order to maintain a comfortable and safe temperature in their home. This can lead to costly and unaffordable heating and cooling bills.
The Energy Crisis Intervention Program (ECIP) provides assistance to eligible households that are in a crisis situation. Examples include a household that has received a 24- to 48-hour disconnect notice or service termination by its utility company or a household facing an energy-related crisis of life-threatening emergency in the applicant’s household, including a combustible appliance.
Another service offered as a component to other LIHEAP services includes energy budget counseling, education on basic energy efficiency practices and instruction on the proper use and maintenance of installed weatherization measures.
Low-Income Home Energy Assistance (LIHEAP) can provide one payment per program year for electricity, gas, propane, wood or oil for eligible households.
To be eligible for LIHEAP and Energy Crisis Intervention Program (ECIP), applicants must:
- be a Fresno County resident
- live in a low-income household (click to view income guidelines)
- have a valid social security card
- provide current income verification (pay stubs for the previous 6 weeks)
- present ID such as a driver’s license, California ID, and/or valid US identification
- provide all pages of current energy bill / 48-hour notice / shut off or provide a current receipt of wood, propane, home heating oil, or gas
- other documents not listed might be required
Mail the LIHEAP application to P.O. BOX 11906, Fresno, CA 93775
How to apply
Download and complete the application
If your energy bill is not in your name, you may also need to download and complete the consent form.
Please mail your application and supporting documentation to our address and below.
Please note that the application must be printed. If you are unable to print the application, please call (559) 263-1320 or use the form below to request an application by mail.
LIHEAP - Application by mail request
Fresno Office Location and hours
P.O. BOX 11906
Fresno, CA 93775
Monday – Friday
8:30 am to 12:00 pm, 1-5
Closed on holidays
If you need help with your application and need to meet with staff, call (559) 263-1320 for an appointment.
Rural and Offsite Locations
Dates and times are subject to change. Please call LIHEAP at (559) 263-1320 to make an appointment for any location.
Monday and Wednesday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Friday 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Tuesday and Thursday
9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday and Thursday
8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which forms of identification are acceptable?
Can I apply for energy assistance if the bill is not under my name?
Yes. You will need to have the account holder complete the Client Consent and Auth (CSD Form 081). This Consent Form is available here.
How often can I receive energy assistance?
Can I apply for energy assistance online?
Can I apply for energy assistance over the phone?
Do I have to be present to submit my application? Can someone else turn in my application?
If I don’t have my social security card, what can I substitute?
What types of bills are acceptable?
The following types of bills are acceptable:
- Current PG&E bill (whole bill) or 48-hour notice
- PG&E shut-off print out
- Southern California Edison bill
- The Gas Company bill
- Propane, Wood, Oil, Gas receipts
What types of bills are not acceptable?
The following types of bills are not acceptable: 15-day notices, detached/incomplete bills, and closing bills. If you have a 15-day notice, you can still apply but will need to provide your full bill.
How do I provide proof of income?
Provide the following types of proof of income for your household for one month within the last 6 weeks.
- Current check stubs (within last 6 weeks)
- Unemployment EDD check stubs (within last 6 weeks)
- Disability check stubs (within last 6 weeks)
- Social Security Benefits (current year)
- Supplementary Security Income – SSI (current year)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families – TANF printout (current month)
- Child Support printout (within last 6 weeks)
- Self-employed: attach daily journal for one month
- Financial Aid Letter (if student)
- Food Stamps Printout & list of all on the case (current month)
- Low Income Housing: Section 8, HUD, or any other (current month)
No Income? Other supporting documents required for each adult declaring no income.
Do I have to include my children in the application?
Yes. You must include all people living in the home.
If I am unemployed, what kind of proof of income do I submit to you?
Provide your last work check stub. Additionally, please have your award letter from EDD (current year) with your current EDD stubs.
If I am retired, what type of proof of income should I provide?
Current award letter from SSI/SSA, current pension award letter and any other proof of additional income.