Please note: our offices will be closed beginning Friday, December 23, 2021 at 5:00 pm and returning on Monday, January 3, 2022 at 8:30 am.

Covid-19 AlertDue to COVID-19 health concerns, most rural offices are closed. Please mail completed applications to P.O. BOX 11906, Fresno, CA  93775. Call 263-1320 if you have questions or would like to make an appointment with staff.

Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) has confirmed that PG&E and Southern Edison have activated their protection protocol and will not disconnect energy users during this phase. The following LIHEAP locations are closed to the public until further notice: Fresno, Coalinga, Orange Cove, Reedley, Selma, Kerman, and Sanger. Special intake events are also canceled until further notice.

What we do

LIHEAP provides a one-time financial assistance for energy bills in Fresno County per calendar year.


Check eligibility for LIHEAP and Energy Crisis Intervention Program (ECIP).

Apply for liheap

Download and mail your application

Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)

We provide financial assistance to help offset an eligible Fresno County household’s home energy costs.

Fresno County residents experience triple-digit heat in the summer to freezing temperatures in the winter and are forced to use their air conditioning and heating system in order to maintain a comfortable and safe temperature in their home. This can lead to costly and unaffordable heating and cooling bills.

The Energy Crisis Intervention Program (ECIP) provides assistance to eligible households that are in a crisis situation. Examples include a household that has received a 24- to 48-hour disconnect notice or service termination by its utility company or a household facing an energy-related crisis of life-threatening emergency in the applicant’s household, including a combustible appliance.

Another service offered as a component to other LIHEAP services includes energy budget counseling, education on basic energy efficiency practices and instruction on the proper use and maintenance of installed weatherization measures.


Low-Income Home Energy Assistance (LIHEAP) can provide one payment per program year for electricity, gas, propane, wood or oil for eligible households.

To be eligible for LIHEAP and Energy Crisis Intervention Program (ECIP), applicants must:

  • be a Fresno County resident
  • live in a low-income household (click to view income guidelines)
  • have a valid social security card
  • provide current income verification (pay stubs for the previous 6 weeks)
  • present ID such as a driver’s license, California ID, and/or valid US identification
  • provide all pages of current energy bill / 48-hour notice / shut off or provide a current receipt of wood, propane, home heating oil, or gas
  • other documents not listed might be requried

Mail the LIHEAP application to P.O. BOX 11906, Fresno, CA  93775

How to apply

Download and complete the application

If your energy bill is not in your name, you may also need to download and complete the consent form.

Please mail your application and supporting documentation to our address and below.

Please note that the application must be printed. If you are unable to print the application, please call (559) 263-1320 or use the form below to request an application by mail.

LIHEAP - Application by mail request

Fresno Office Location and hours

LIHEAP Contact (mail your application here)

P.O. BOX 11906
Fresno, CA  93775

(559) 263-1320

Phone Hours:
Monday – Friday
8:30 am to 12:00 pm, 1-5
Closed on holidays

If you need help with your application and need to meet with staff, call (559) 263-1320 for an appointment.

Rural and Offsite Locations

Coming soon!

Reopening of rural and offsite locations as well as new locations!

Dates and times are subject to change. Please call LIHEAP at (559) 263-1320 to make an appointment for any location.

(Open Now!)

WIC – Willow & Shaw
788 W. Shaw Ave., Clovis, CA

Monday – Friday
8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

East Fresno
(Open Now!)

WIC – Kings Canyon & Chestnut
4856 E. Kings Canyon Rd., Suite 101, Fresno, CA

Monday – Friday
8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

(Open Now!)

Amor Wellness Center
115 Belmont Ave. Suite 410
Mendota, CA 93640

Monday – Friday
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

West Fresno
(Open Now!)

Local Conservation Corps
1805 E. California Ave. Fresno, CA

Monday – Friday
8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

(opening TBD)

Coalinga Regional Center
311 Coalinga Plaza, Coalinga, CA

1st and 2nd Monday of each month
9:45 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.

(opening TBD)

County of Fresno E&TA
15180 W Whitesbridge Ave, Kerman, CA

1st and 2nd Thursday of each month
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Orange Cove
(opening TBD)

Council Chambers
633 6th Street, Orange Cove, CA

1st and 2nd Tuesday of each month
9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.

(opening TBD)

Workforce Connection
1680 Manning Ave., Reedley, CA

1st and 2nd Tuesday of each month
1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.

(opening TBD)

Regional Center
3800 McCall Avenue, Selma, CA

2nd and 3rd Wednesday of each month
8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Frequently Asked Questions

Which forms of identification are acceptable?
Valid California IDs or other valid US IDs.
Can I apply for energy assistance if the bill is not under my name?

Yes. You will need to have the account holder complete the Client Consent and Auth (CSD Form 081). This Consent Form is available here.

How often can I receive energy assistance?
Once per calendar year.
Can I apply for energy assistance online?
No, unfortunately, you need to visit the LIHEAP office and apply in person or download an application and send it through the mail.
Can I apply for energy assistance over the phone?
No, unfortunately, you need to visit the LIHEAP office and apply in person or download an application and send it through the mail.
Do I have to be present to submit my application? Can someone else turn in my application?
You do not have to be present. Yes, someone else can submit your completed and signed application or you can complete your application and send it through the mail.
If I don’t have my social security card, what can I substitute?
You can go to the Social Security office and get a print out with your name and social security number.
What types of bills are acceptable?

The following types of bills are acceptable:

  • Current PG&E bill (whole bill) or 48-hour notice
  • PG&E shut-off print out
  • Southern California Edison bill
  • The Gas Company bill
  • Propane, Wood, Oil, Gas receipts
What types of bills are not acceptable?

The following types of bills are not acceptable: 15-day notices, detached/incomplete bills, and closing bills. If you have a 15-day notice, you can still apply but will need to provide your full bill.

How do I provide proof of income?

Provide the following types of proof of income for your household for one month within the last 6 weeks.

  • Current check stubs (within last 6 weeks)
  • Unemployment EDD check stubs (within last 6 weeks)
  • Disability check stubs (within last 6 weeks)
  • Social Security Benefits (current year)
  • Supplementary Security Income – SSI (current year)
  • Temporary Assistance for Needy Families – TANF printout (current month)
  • Child Support printout (within last 6 weeks)
  • Self-employed: attach daily journal for one month
  • Financial Aid Letter (if student)
  • Food Stamps Printout & list of all on the case (current month)
  • Low Income Housing: Section 8, HUD, or any other (current month)

No Income? Other supporting documents required for each adult declaring no income.

Do I have to include my children in the application?

Yes. You must include all people living in the home.

If I am unemployed, what kind of proof of income do I submit to you?

Provide your last work check stub.  Additionally, please have your award letter from EDD (current year) with your current EDD stubs. 

If I am retired, what type of proof of income should I provide?

Current award letter from SSI/SSA, current pension award letter and any other proof of additional income.

Transit - Contact Form


* indicates required

Health Services - Contact Julio