Simple Spaghetti Squash
Kids can help
1 spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
3 tablespoons olive oil divided
2 cloves garlic minced
1 cup marinara sauce
2 tablespoons basil chopped
Parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Drizzle squash halves with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Place cut side down on baking sheet.
3. Bake squash for 45 minutes or until squash can easily be pierced with a knife.
4. Using a fork, remove squash strands, making “spaghetti.” Set aside.
5. Sauté garlic in remaining olive oil until fragrant. Add marinara sauce and squash strands.
6. Top with basil and cheese.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (per serving) CALORIES 215; FAT 12g; PROTEIN 3g; CARB 28g; FIBER 1g; CALCIUM 70mg; IRON 1mg; VITAMIN A (RE) 24mcg; VITAMIN C 7mg; FOLATE 35mcg
This recipe is can be found in the 4th cookbook, “Let’s Cook with Kids, Vamos a Cocinar con los Niños” created by Northeast Valley Health Corporation WIC Program. The digital version can be found online at: http://www.cdph.ca.gov/programs/wicworks/Pages/WICNECookingwithChildren.aspx